Dane P. Gussin
Artist Statement: “I think it’s not only important for me during the course of my life to give back; I also want to leave something which stays with people after I’m gone. A photograph should tell a story that endures. I have been fascinated since age five with the camera’s ability to document the moments of life.”
Mission: Photographing nature, people, places and things seldom thought about.
Background: Attended and graduated Oak Park High School. Studied pre-law at Wayne State University. Began financial advisory career in 1971. Accredited photo-journalist since 1985.
· National Press Photographer Association
· National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
· Currently working on a documentary series “Fields of Ashes” dealing with the subject of The Holocaust.
· Two films nominated for Detroit Chapter Emmy Awards 2014.:“Fields of Ashes, The George Zeff Story” and “An Interview With Stephen Goldman.”
· Documentary: “Dane’s World “ Artist-Photographer Dane Gussin 3rd 2009 NATAO Government Programming Awards.
2014 - Emmy Awarded for "An Interview With Stephen Goldman.”
2015 - "The Deer Hunter" filmed in 4K
· City of Farmington Hills: One-man exhibit 2008.
· Henry Ford Hospital West Bloomfield: “Healing Arts Exhibit” 2011.
· Henry Ford Hospital Detroit: “Healing Arts Exhibit” 2012.
Janice Charach Gallery: One -man exhibit 2014
Concert photography and various music awards show photography for social media and publications since 1968.Events covered include: Detroit International Jazz Festivals, Detroit Music Awards; concerts at the Grande Ballroom, the Eastown; performances by Dave Brubeck, Canned Heat and many others.
Selected Volunteer Work:
· Southwest Oakland Cable Commission :Video and nature photography projects for local cable TV.
· JARC: Non-sectarian, non-profit organization founded in 1969 by a group of parents concerned about the future of their children with developmental disabilities.
· Photos for various pet adoption agencies.
· Member: Farmington Hills/Farmington SAFE (Suicide Awareness for Everyone): Group aims to provide a platform for conversation and resources around suicide.
· Vice President, Horses Heal Hearts of Michigan: Volunteers come together to bring an afternoon of happiness to children and families suffering hardships. “We strive to leave hoof prints and smiles on the trail behind us.”
View All Events